Replace your boring latitude and longitude worksheets with this fun and engaging Easter Rabbit latitude and longitude practice puzzle that your students will love! Perfect for middle school geography and social studies, students will practice their latitude and longitude skills by plotting the given coordinates one at a time until an image forms. Tell the students what image they’re creating or let them be surprised for an extra element of fun! Don’t be surprised if students ask for more puzzles because this will quickly become one of their favorite map skills activities.
This Rabbit themed puzzle includes 54 coordinates for students to plot as they practice their latitude and longitude skills.
This Easter Rabbit Latitude and Longitude practice puzzle is a PDF and Includes:
- Blank grid template
- List of latitude and longitude coordinates
- Practice puzzle answer key
How It Works:
This no prep latitude and longitude activity is print and go! Give each student a blank grid template and a list of coordinates. The coordinates can be printed two per page in order to save paper. Students will plot each coordinate one at a time, leaving a dot at each point to mark the location. I find it helps to plot the first few points together as a class to make sure everyone knows what they’re doing. Connect the dots as you go and watch as a picture begins to form. This activity can be completed independently and makes a fun self-checking assessment since students will be able to quickly identify any errors.
Ways You Can Use Latitude and Longitude Practice Puzzles:
- Independent practice or review
- Centers or Stations
- Fun partner activity
- Creative, hands-on assessment that’s much more fun than worksheets
- Add it to your early finishers bin for those students who are always looking for something to do
- Perfect for substitutes since it can be completed independently
- Color the finished puzzle as a brain break
- Use the finished puzzles to display creative student work on bulletin boards or hallway displays
- Laminate or put the puzzle in a clear dry erase pocket so it can be used over and over (Get that good karma!)
- Add an additional element of fun by making the activity a competition where students race against one another to see who can finish the puzzle first
Something you may not know…
I consider all of my bundles to be growing. That means when I create new puzzles that fit with the theme, I’ll add them to this bundle and slightly increase the price. But anyone who already owns the bundle will receive any new updates for free!