A strong knowledge of vocabulary is one of the most important factors for success on the AP World History test. Vocabulary squares are a great way to teach, learn, reinforce, and review all of the vocabulary terms students might encounter on the exam because they go beyond having students just define the terms. Instead, students define each term, draw it, and engage in one of several “other stuff” options such as creating a mnemonic, listing synonyms, etc. to help make the word and its meaning stick. This collection includes all vocabulary terms for each of the 6 periods of World History covered on the AP exam. These vocabulary squares are very helpful for front-loading the vocabulary before each chapter. They can also be used for homework, an activity as students read, or as bell ringer/first 5 work. And of course they are great for test review!
Products included in this bundle:
AP World History Vocabulary Squares Periods 1 and 2 APWH
AP World History Vocabulary Squares Period 3 APWH
AP World History Vocabulary Squares Period 4 APWH
AP World History Vocabulary Squares Period 5 APWH
AP World History Vocabulary Squares Period 6 APWH
AP World History Periods:
1. Technological and Environmental Transformation (to 600 B.C.E.)
2. Organization and Reorganization of Human Societies (600 B.C.E. to 600 C.E.)
3. Regional and Interregional Interactions (600 C.E. to 1450)
4. Global Interactions (1450-1750)
5. Industrialization and Global Integration (1750-1900)
6. Accelerating Global Change and Realignments (1900-Present)
Each of these vocabulary squares can also be purchased separately. Save money by purchasing this bundle instead!
Be sure to check out my other AP World History resources in my store!